The Ukrainian Association in Finland: Introduction
The Ukrainian Association in Finland was founded in Helsinki in 1997 to unite and represent the community of Ukrainians residing in Finland, raise awareness about Ukraine and its cultural traditions.
Our aim is to support a strong Ukrainian community, the members of which, while preserving their cultural identity, are fully integrated into the Finnish society and engaged in their communities. Our main activities include:
- Culture: participation of the Ukrainian Choir, Theatre Group and Ukrainian authors in the cultural events in Helsinki and the Association’s own events;
- Charity: participation in the humanitarian and charity projects relevant for our organization;
- Social: regular meetings, which include integration guidance and mentorship by the members of the community with relevant experiences;
- Family: a Club to support families with young children and encourage their participation in the family oriented activities in Helsinki;
- Cooperation: partnerships and networking with other organizations.
For more information, please contact Tetyana Mustonen, the Chair.